Today is National Nutty Fudge Day! We’re not really sure how this holiday came about, but it’s one we can really get behind. This year we’re celebrating with Too-Easy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge from Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson. This vegan fudge is easy to make and it firms up quickly, so be sure to get it into the pan right away.
- 8 ounces semisweet vegan chocolate, coarsely chopped, or vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Place the chocolate, peanut butter, and butter in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off the heat. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and cool until firm. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 36 pieces
From Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson. ©2013 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press. Photo by Zsu Dever.