This recipe combines pantry ingredients to make a luscious main dish vegan taco salad. If you don’t have lettuce, cilantro, or an avocado on hand, it’s still quite tasty without them.
Taco Salad with Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 16-ounce jar tomato salsa, mild or hot
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels,
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes, or more tomato salsa
- 2 cups tortilla chips, plus more to serve
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream, optional
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese, optional
In a bowl, combine the salsa, beans, and corn. Stir in the cilantro and scallions and mix well.
Divide the lettuce equally among four shallow bowls. Top equally with the black bean mixture. Top each serving with the tomato, chips, avocado, and sour cream and/or cheese, if using.
Recipe from Cook the Pantry © 2015 by Robin Robertson. Photo by Annie Oliverio. Used by permission Vegan Heritage Press LLC.