As the name implies, there’s everything but the kitchen sink in this delicious vegan Kitchen-Sink Capellini from Cook the Pantry by Robin Robertson, including artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, and two kinds of tomatoes. Made with quick-cooking capellini, this meal is ready in just minutes with a complex flavor that belies its speedy preparation.
- 8 ounces capellini or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 14- ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 16- ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup oil-packed or reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes cut into thin strips
- 1 6- ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 4 cups baby spinach or 1 cup chopped frozen spinach thawed and squeezed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts
Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, toss to coat, and set aside.
In the same pot in which you cooked the pasta, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in the diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, olives, spinach (if using), basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until hot and well combined, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved pasta and toss gentle to combine and heat through. Serve hot sprinkled with the pine nuts.
Recipe from Cook the Pantry © 2015 by Robin Robertson. Photo by Annie Oliverio. Used by permission Vegan Heritage Press LLC.