After trying these vegan BLT Hot Dogs with Bacon Remoulade from Baconish by Leinana Two Moons you’ll wonder why you’ve never before topped your hot dogs with salad. The creamy coolness of the salad contrasts so nicely with the warmth and savoriness of the hot dog and bacon. These are perfect for a summer cookout.
BLT Hot Dogs with Bacon Remoulade
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 tablespoons Bacon Remoulade (recipe follows)
- 4 vegan hot dogs, grilled
- 4 hot dog buns, warmed
- 4 slices tempeh bacon or seitan bacon
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine the lettuce and the Bacon Remoulade, mixing well.
- Place one grilled hot dog in each bun, along with a slice of the bacon. Divide the lettuce mixture and tomato halves evenly among each serving.
Makes about 1/2 cup
Use this on anything that needs a little Cajun, baconish kick.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or sweet gherkins
- 1 tablespoon vegan bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Tabasco brand hot sauce or other vinegar-based hot sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Cover and refrigerate any unused portion.
From Baconish © 2016 by Leinana Two Moons. Used with permission from Vegan Heritage Press.