This delicious Spinach and Artichoke Pizza from Everyday Vegan Eats by Zsu Dever is almost like having spinach-artichoke dip on spread over a pizza crust. With the added optional vegan cheese, it is ooey and gooey. The thinly sliced garlic cooks down to a mild and sweet flavor and the artichokes come out of the oven lightly browned. This pizza works wonderfully using a pizza stone, if you happen to have one.
- 1/2 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven 450°F. Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the thawed spinach and transfer it to a food processor. Add the cream cheese, scallions, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper, to taste. Process into a paste, scrapping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the artichokes, chop them and transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. On parchment paper or a lightly floured, clean dry surface roll out one of the dough pieces into a 9-inch circle. Spread 1 tablespoon of oil on a baking sheet. Transfer the pizza dough to the baking sheet.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture over the dough using an off-set spatula or the back of a spoon. If using, sprinkle half of the cheese over the spinach. Add half of the artichoke mixture.
- Bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and crisp. Slice and serve hot. Repeat with the other pizza dough.
Makes 2 (9-Inch) pizzas
From Everyday Vegan Eats by Zsu Dever. ©2014 Zsu Dever. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press.