Autumn has fallen! Temperatures have dropped and the leaves on the trees are starting to change color. Thoughts are turning to fall foods, such as pumpkin and hearty winter squash. This recipe for Pasta with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce and Walnuts from Vegan Unplugged by Jon Robertson and Robin Robertson evokes the flavors of fall and comes together in a flash.
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable broth base
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta or cappelini
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine the pumpkin, water, broth base, sage, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook over medium heat until smooth and hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add the reserved sauce and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the walnuts.
Makes 4 Servings
From Vegan Unplugged by Jon Robertson and Robin Robertson. ©201o Jon Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press.